City Honors & Awards
Modesto. The name of our city is derived from the Spanish word, "Modest," but as you can see, we have a lot to brag about! Here, we chronicle our awards and recognition. Find out all the ways Modesto is a terrific place to live, work and play.
- Modesto Rates 8 out of 150 Best Cities for Summer Jobs (PDF)
- Modesto doughnut shop ranks among top 15 in nation (PDF)
- 7 Tulip Farms To Visit In America (PDF)
- 2016 National Night Out Award Winner
- 2016 Digital Cities_ Winners Focus on Transparency, Security, Infrastructure
- Modesto, California A Model for a Bicycle-Friendly City- Streetsblog California (PDF)
- 9 Companies as Cool as Google - Hiring Now! - Glassdoor Blog (PDF)
- 22 Things You Need To Know About Modesto Before You Move There - Movoto (PDF)
- Most Fun Cities in California, As Ranked in New Report - Los Alamitos, CA Patch (PDF)
The City leadership team and Mayor Brandvold meet daily as we navigate the ever-changing COVID-19 environment. There may be a bit of uncertainty over two announcements that came out yesterday, one from our City Council and the other from our Governor. Continue reading...
The COVID-19 pandemic is causing us to make new and important decisions that affect our families, our jobs, and our way of life. The Governor and our school superintendents are making announcements that will change how we operate over the next few weeks.